Friday, February 22, 2013

Aus Bee Block

First blocks back from Gone Aussie Quilting

Jeannette from Gone Aussie Quilting organised a Bee for 14 Aussie quilters.  Each month one person has to send to the other 13 members, a block pattern and fabric to make 2 blocks. This month is my turn and I designed this paper pieced block named Refractatorium. 

The block is divided into 8 easily pieced segments to create a 12" finished block. The quilt should look something like this when it is finished.


Or like this.


A copy of the block can be found here. If you use this block, please show me. I would love to see it. You can post all your finished blocks and projects in the Flickr group.


16 comments:

  1. A beautiful block Jane .... THANK YOU so, so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the pattern for this block - I have been seeing it pop up in several of the blogs I read and very much admiring it! The block is stunning and your colour choices are so inspired - you will end up with an amazing quilt for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so generous Jane!! I hope you get to see lots of different interpretations of this block x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to decide which layout I like better. I think I lean towards the on point variation because the extra use of dots seem to enhance it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope this doesn't duplicate LOL I tried to comment already! I love your block Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful block and the fabrics are just out of this world wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning, Jane! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great block!!! The colours are fabulous too. Such a great idea to have an Aussie Bee!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this block Jane, it looks amazing. Mmm might have to make it up into something. Thanks for the link. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for sharing. This is a great block!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous block, well done, and thx for sharing, I love the colours you've chosen, perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful block. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome block, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read my guests comments and I will try my best to reply. Please note - Your comment will not appear until approved.