Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesdays Treasure - my mum

My sister is going through all the old slides and converting them into digital format. I wanted to share this one photo of mum as a piper in her band when she was only 20. It is one of my favourites.


Unfortunately, mum had to abandon the pipes because her eldest child hated the sound.

Tuesdays Treasure is hosted by the lovely Melody at The House on the side of the Hill. Make sure you visit Melody's site and experience her talents as an excellent stitcher and quilter. Melody is also running a penny rug BOM using felt. The first 2 blocks have been posted here and here.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a complicated outfit, Your mum looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous photo. I still love a pipe and drum band....must be that Celtic heritage coming out. Such a treasure to have for you all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome picture to have of your mother. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you must really treasure this photo. Do you know the name of the Tartan?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't she look fabulous. What a great costume. Tell me - Are you the oldest child? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love looking at old slides. I have started converting my dad's its so fun to look at the pictures of all of those that have passed along that I knew, looking at their pictures of them as kids.

    http://richardquilts.blogspot.com
    Stop by for my quilt givaway to guess my babys b-day and weight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is an amazing outfit and what a wonderful treasure to have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous outfit. How did your mum get started on playing the bag pipes? It is not a common instrument to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She looks fabulous. No wonder this is a picture to be treasured. How wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heh, pipes are not my favourite things either, especially when having to listen to the buskers massacring them for the tourists when you pop out at lunchtime!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read my guests comments and I will try my best to reply. Please note - Your comment will not appear until approved.