Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quilting the Swoon

I made the Mega Swoon (80" x 80") as part of the Katy's Swoon-a-long. I chose to piece within the pieces to give the large blocks some character. The Swoon pattern is from Camille Roskelley and the pattern can be found here and here.


I had 5 yards of a Michael Miller fabric which became the focus print. Fussy cut within the blocks.


I chose the following Aurifil threads in 50wt 5005 / 1148 / 5001 / 2265 / 2612 and used geometric designs to enhance the blocks.




I always think the back is as important as the front so I used different coloured bobbin thread on the Red fabric from the Kate Spain Flurry collection.


I have chosen the 'Claret' Solid used in the centre to bind the quilt. This quilt will find a home in Sydney with one of my many nieces.

25 comments:

  1. wow this is pretty spectacular,well done.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your quilt is gorgeous, really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a gorgeous quilt! I'm jealous of your nieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm swooning over your Swoon quilt. It's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Mega Swoon! That is such a pretty block--I've never seen it like this--so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this even more now it's quilted - just so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I really love this it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane - Your Swoon is spectacular!! Love it!! Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...LOVE it! I might just have to make one of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Jane! The quilting looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt--it just turned out so wonderful! The quilting is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks great! What a lucky niece :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful quilt!! It's so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job! I love the pattern and hope to be starting to create my own Swoon quilt very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's just amazing how this swoon-quilt look so good in all sizes.
    Your quilting is just fab!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks gorgeous. I hope your niece loves it. I can see you have put many hours into making it. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous, love the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous !! Simply Gorgeous !! I love the look of the block within the block. Great job Jane! Lucky niece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I love to read my guests comments and I will try my best to reply. Please note - Your comment will not appear until approved.