I hope one day I will be able to teach my sons and their wives this recipe, so it will continue for many more generations.
- 500 g beef mince
- 450 g tin or bottle of pureed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup white rice
- 2 tspns cinnamon
- 3 tblsps dried parsley
- 1 tblspoon butter
- Place 1 cm of water and butter into large pot and melt butter.
- Roll mince into tiny balls and place in water / butter. Give them a gentle shake to brown them all over.
- Pour in tomato puree, add cinnamon, parsley and rice. Cover with 3 cm of water (If the soup looks too thick, add a little more water)
- Cook on medium until it bubbles then turn down to low and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
Serves 4. This soup will store in the freezer for one month. It tastes great if left in fridge overnight for flavours to blend.